Friday 29 June 2012

War of the buttons


A button was considering a move. It was the ‘cast off your shackles and go diving’ sort of move.

I simply could not afford to tolerate this rebellion in such a vital province.  (It was a button I could sorely afford to lose.)

It was then that I realised my grave pressing issue – my sewing kit and box of (spares that came with clothes etc.) buttons is safely ensconced in that temperamental wardrobe. Perfectly safe and completely out of my reach. (Fearghal, I don’t care how much a few stitches will help that outfit, keep your hands off.)

Then I realised that, as a woman, I have a discrimination bonus (+4) in domestic tasks!! I quickly used my common sense skill to buy a pocket sewing kit.

Behold my plunder!!

It fits handily in my pocket so I am no longer unarmed in the battle against fastenings uprising against their liege lords.

Also I can now participate in on the spot embroidery contests – Useful for honour duels.

No comments:

Post a Comment