Friday 1 June 2012

Bad for my heart

I've never actually had to arrange a visa so it was a new experience at the very least. On a scale of frustrating bureaucracies I'd rate it a 3. So, not bad at all!! (To clarify, Social Welfare merits a 12 on the 10 point scale.)

The problem I had was that I'm being sponsored for my visa by my new employers (*Hee~* I have a job!! ^_^ ) so I couldn't actually apply until I got the number from them. It wouldn't be too stressful except that the date of commencement for my contract was stealthily chasing me up the street.

Once the number came we scheduled an immediate father-daughter bonding trip and ventured forth. The weather was gorgeous, I didn't throw up, a massive success all round!! C:

Then, came the kicker. I arranged to pick it up Friday afternoon rather than have them post and have it arrive next Monday while I'm on stopover in Dubai. No problem right? Wrong

Yesterday morning they called me and told me that they'd accidentally posted it out to someone else in Cavan. My heart stopped. I nearly keeled over. Fortunately I didn't because that would have hurt - there's a lot of stuff on the floor here.  (Fearghal, you should really clear up)

So my passport (and visa) had been posted to another person while my flight is on Saturday. Saturday!! Now, to the uninitiated, I am definitely a neurotic wreck right now. My glass is half-empty, all my worst fears have come to pass and I'm out of tea!!

However, this turns out that my passport has been delivered to young master X (name concealed for privacy and safety of myself*) who lives in the same housing estate as ones family. The mother of young master X (details concealed for the privacy and safety of myself*) brought it round just as I put on my shoes to head in their direction.

So after <details excluded to protect the innocent*> I received my passport and am once again Korea-bound!

.....My heart still hasn't calmed down from the shock though.


*What you think I'm protecting others? It's all for my health and well-being. Who knows what could get you sued these days?!!

2 comments:

  1. Incompetence of civil servants not withstanding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It all depends on which side of the desk you're sitting on imho

      Delete