Sunday 24 June 2012

The fabled riceball


I feel you should know that the only thing more ubiquitious than Starbucks and Paris Baguette is 7-11 and their competitors.

24 hour shops are rather unusual by my standards seeing as many places close fairly sharply even in the centre of Dublin but rather than being useful for their late opening hours, they simply fit in better.

Whether it is an Incheon, a Songdo or merely the type of area I reside in opening hours are fairly late. As in Open late (10:00 onwards) Close late (9:30 onwards).

Anyway, I sauntered into one of these establishments one evening feeling hungry but far too lazy to cook. Lo and behold I witnessed the famous riceball so naturally I simply had to try it.



Yes, it’s heavily processed convenience food and not nearly as good as one you’d make yourself (like a sandwich made with leftover roast chicken Om nom nom) but I’m not an idiot………just obtuse.

It was chicken flavoured and well, quite tasty.  I’m not going to buy it again but maybe I’ll try to get the recipe and try it myself.

The Asian equivalent of the sandwich: not bad. Not bad at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment