Saturday 4 August 2012

So that's what that sound was...

Everywhere I go I hear an incessant sound from the dry grasses. I'd thought at first that it was the sound of construction, then I realised that it was more likely the insects.

However it is now perfectly clear to me that I must be hearing the sounds, not of the natural goings on around me but of insidious mechanics and electronics as detailed HERE.

Big Brother is watching you...and you, and you and you.

I've seen though 'pneumatic trash collection' machines but I've never used them. They seem mostly overflowing anyway. Anytime I've passed one they've been surrounded by bags of trash that wouldn't fit.

To throw out your rubbish here, the first thing you must realise is that your old plastic bags are verboten.  I had to buy specially approved plastic bags from the GS mart which, once full, gets left outside in a designated area along with your recycling. At least mine goes outside, the others have complained that their drop-off point is on the first floor of their building and the smell can really get appalling.

I've seen staff further sorting the recycling- brave men and women. At least the insects are minimal. *shrugs* I've yet to have anything worse than a fly buzz around my head when I drop a bag off. NO wasps -yay! A short jaunt away from the Japanese Hornet......*Aghast*


Songdo.

Above you can see pictures of the places whereI go to get sunburned because I am an idiot due to lack of sufficient foliage.  It's hard to reconcile Songdo with that article because I'm right on the ground. Mostly I see, 'that bbq joint', 'the subway stop' or 'grocery store - need milk'. I don't notice that stuff because the wobbly blocks in the pavement outside of the side entrance have trenches beneath them and if you step on them while it is raining you will get dunked into the little hidden pond.  (I ruined a pair of shoes that way.)


Well, I think there should be more shady walks like in UCD, then there'd be less of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment