Thursday 2 August 2012

Bubble Tea

On Wednesday (1st) Karen and I went to Namdaemun Market.
Before we left we wandered into a cafe to get something to cool down and I had the opportunity to try a "Bubble Tea". (Thank you Taiwan)



Those black things in the bottom are tapioca balls - which had a texture and consistency unlike hard jelly which I did not like at all.

I got a Taro flavour - no I don't really know what that is - and it smelled like cookies.

Overall -meh. It was nice enough and was closer to masticated ice than a smoothie. I'd never actually had one before so I had assumed that it was supposed to be some sort of carbonated tea drink.

It's essentially a smoothie with Tapioca balls that pop up the straw. Yes, I did try them. No I didn't like them. Euck.

I should mention that I couldn't finish it though. It was quite filling and like everything else I get, the portion was just too big.

No comments:

Post a Comment