Saturday 1 September 2012

Watch your fingers

So on Friday, I met up with my coworkers for drinks. There had been a change of plans and we decided that since the weather was nice, we'd avoid the bars and go lounge in Central Park.

Central Park, as I have posted before, is just beside our apartment complex. So, with a blanket, ice-cream and a selection of drinks in tow we set forth.

I have to honestly say, it was much nicer after nine at night than in the heat of the midday sun. Unfortunately all the Pagodas were taken so we had to sit with the crickets in a pow-wow circle. Of course, we can't sit as nicely as some of the kidsin school can. (Who do so with the gravitas of old men.)

It turns out, than on one of the many man-made islands on the lake there is a population of rabbits. Lots of rabbits. We saw them going nuts, dashing around their island. (They were pretty big too - emergency winter food supply.....?)

Along with those fluffy bunnies and the crickets there were deer. I don't know the breed but they are quite small and even the adults have spotted coats.

Mr. Seth Ball revealed his skills as some sort of animal whisperer and discovered that the deer were attention whores remarkably tame.


On a side note, I don't believe I've ever tried venison.

No comments:

Post a Comment