Saturday 27 April 2013

I shall have a fishie

I had never been to an aquarium before, now I have! :D

We got a discount from our hostel and decided to play with the fishies....not in that sense.




Something about these kinds of fish. They're almost nightmare-inducing.
Even worse, they don't look very good to eat. :C


Stephanie told me I look like a serial killer in the darkness here. Well, that could be the nerves due to the backdrop.
Jellyfish,  in particular, perturb me. Where do they keep their brains? Oh, they don't have one?

 

 
It was an interesting experience. I got to see a lot of marine (Now less-than-)wild life I otherwise wouldn't have.
I knew Sharks had a lot of teeth but I got a really good look at how terrifying it actually is in the underwater tunnel. (Makes me so glad to be on dry land.)

After a couple of hours enjoying the interesting exhibits we decided to go to the fishmarket because that makes perfect sense. A chance to reaffirm our power over mother nature or perhaps....


I think the fishmarket is Jagalchi Market. It's sprawling and extends  inside and out along the piers. You can see workers sitting outside working with tubs of water containing squids, intrepid octupi and many cantankerous crabs.

Along with shops selling fresh fish, shellfish etc there are many restaurants where it is cooked. You can order your fish from the tank outside and have it killed and cooked immediately.

We didn't actually eat in the end. We didn't have a lot of extra time and since it was a holiday everywhere was pretty crowded. We opted to make our train instead of walking back to Incheon.
A different time though, definitely! Fresh fish like that is nothing to turn your nose up at.





No comments:

Post a Comment